Does algebra and geometry make your head spin? Do your palms turn sweaty by seeing the math question paper? Do you doubt a lot of things about what you have learned?
Yes, many of us have come across these situations with math usually in our school days.
Math stress, anxiety or panic attacks are the mental illness which arises among few people when they are required to solve mathematical problems. The main reason behind this stress, anxiety, panic and nervousness is due to memorizing the concepts rather than understanding them. Math is difficult and challenging but if we practice more and understand the concepts, it will be more enjoyable and interesting.
Here are few surprising ways to reduce math stress in students:
- The first and foremost thing is to be relaxed. Never panic as there are many masterminds who are unsure about the concepts as well. Math is not rocket science. If you have math anxiety, admit it, get prepared to face, overcome or manage it.
- Students appearing for their board exam can reduce their math stress by practicing more previous year question papers class 12 to build their confidence level towards the math exam.
- Make a regular habit of solving 10 to 15 math problems to reduce the anxiety. Always try to understand the formulas and solve the problem instead of memorizing it.
- Refer books from different authors of similar topics for a better understanding. As different authors have their own method of explaining the problems. This will help students to understand the different techniques in a better way which can be applied to find the solutions for the given problems.
- While learning any new topic or problem always learn its basics. Knowing the basics and understanding every single step in a particular problem, definitions, derivatives, and formulae will help the students to develop a strong foundation of the topic. Never try to memorize concepts as you may get confused when you get panic attacks.
- Never hesitate to ask for help or to clear your doubts in the classroom. Students can approach their teacher personally for help if they come across any difficulties in solving the problems. Try to talk and share your thoughts with your friends, brothers, sisters, and other family members. As per the experts, group study is a smart way to get success. By this way, students can develop different ways to solve problems by sharing their ideas related to the different math topics.
There are many reference books available both where students can refer and solve several problems based on the similar topics. By this, students can gain more knowledge about the concepts. Apart from other reference books, RD Sharma Solutions is the best reference book for both lower and higher class students. In this book, students can check for their solutions or practice the questions which have missed in their classroom.
These were few points how to reduce math stress. For more tips and tricks to crack the maths exams, subscribe to our Byju’s YouTube Channel.